Does this look like you on a typical day on the job? Would you use the words overwhelmed, exhausted and stressed to describe yourself at work? Is your work philosophy “If you want something done right, you need to do it yourself”? Wondering why your business isn’t growing?
You might be standing in your own way
You’re spreading yourself too thin by trying to do it all yourself. If you don’t delegate, you can’t do what you’re really good at and accomplish what your business needs.
Deciding what to hand off
Ask yourself these 4 questions to help you decide.
1) Which tasks do I dread?
Maybe it’s making the PowerPoint for your upcoming presentation. Or you hate proofreading your articles.
2) Which tasks are a time suck?
You open your email at 9 AM and are still at it when lunchtime rolls around.
3) What tasks don’t require your skills?
Are you really the only one who knows how to post updates to the business’ Facebook and Twitter accounts?
4) Which projects need to be done but you don’t have the time for or skills to accomplish?
You know online video is necessary to grow your business. But producing and editing don’t come easily for you.
Now you’ve identified some things you could (and should) delegate. The next question you’re asking yourself is “Do I have the money to hire someone to do this”? Consider these two points.
1) When you are doing these tasks, you are not generating revenue. By not delegating, you are actually losing money
2) It isn’t necessary to hire a regular employee to accomplish these tasks. By outsourcing to a virtual assistant, especially one with the skills you need, will save money. A regular employee costs you money with health insurance, payroll taxes, equipment….the list goes on. Working with a VA means paying only for the hours and work you need accomplished.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to let go and grow your business!
Christina Meade and her husband, Mike, own and operate Zoom Moving Pictures and specialize in video production & marketing and online book marketing.